[OM] Re: the wonderfull 100mm f2

Subject: [OM] Re: the wonderfull 100mm f2
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 20:49:28 +0000
Yes, it is!  I think it and the 50/2 are neck-and-neck for the best of the
Zuikos, and that's saying a lot.

I kinda regret that I didn't include it in my Odyssey kit.  My original intent
was to use just the 35-80/2.8, but I changed my mind and took also the 21/2 and
50/2, but instead of the 100/2, I threw in the 180/2.8, 1.4X-A and 2X-A TCs --
just in case I found something a fer piece away.  This all fit into a fanny
pack ("bum bag" if you prefer), but there was no room for the 100/2.  :-[

Anyway, pending the return of my last roll of Kodachrome -- fingers crossed
here -- the best shot on the roll maybe -- and that's a definite "maybe" -- was
taken with the 180/2.8 and 2X-A.  That remains to be seen, however, because the
light was low and the tripod was 500 yards away.

I'd give up the 35-80/2.8 or the 90/2 before I'd let go the 100/2.  I feel
pretty much the same way about the 135/4.5, too.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --