[OM] Re: Olympus news

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus news
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 11:13:38 -0400
Sigh.  Wonder who inserted *that* program into your grandson's mind?

Our daughter's mother-in-law apparently went ballistic when our eldest
grandson (MJ) wanted to buy a pink shirt -- apparently they were
popular at his middle school.  She implied that wearing one would make
him a "maricone".  Her reaction was almost violent.  Of course I
bought MJ one and suggested we both wear pink to the next family
function, but others in the family intervened and insisted we defer to
grandma's hysteria.

Amazing what some people choose to freak out over.

FWIW, I think Olympus is on to something.  I've seen an increasing
number of women involved with SLR-type photography over the years.
Marketing directly to them seems to make sense.  Women tend to like
smaller, lighter cameras and 4/3 lends itself to such designs.

And Bill, if Oly offers the E-3 only in pink, I'm sure Aki will offer
alternatives -- probably in leather and various skins.  :D

ScottGee1

SNIP!