[OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A brief Tokina 28-80 test note
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:35:57 -0400
I bought my brother-in-law a Canon digital point & shoot so he could
take pictures for me of properties we might be interested in.  However,
when it came to trying to transmit the images over his telephone modem
on his old Win 98 machine he was havings all kinds of trouble with the
supplied Canon software.  In one case it ran for a couple of hours and
then failed completely without transmitting anything.

I have used Breeze Browser for years and wanted something similar for
him to use and wondered if there was anything similar available for free
or at least lower cost since I had already layed out the price of the
camera.  So I started searching the web and hit upon FastStone.  I
haven't used it as extensively as I've used Breeze Browser but it
appears to be modeled after Breeze Browser and even has a little bit of
editing function that Breeze Browser doesn't have.

I need to check it further as I think it just might replace Breeze
Browser.  I hadn't realized until this morning that is has the
multi-image compare function like Breeze Browser which is one of the
reasons I bought Breeze Browser Pro.

My semi-computer-literate brother-in-law has taken to FastStone like a
duck to water.  He considers it a piece of cake to use and it very glad
not to have to fuss with the Canon stuff anymore.

Chuck Norcutt