[OM] Re: #100

Subject: [OM] Re: #100
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 21:02:33 +0930
At 4:51 PM +1000 2006.05.22, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>Retirement present to myself - heading to Broome on the north coast
>of Western Australia and then driving through the Pilbara to Shark
>Bay. All remarkable country and some of the most remote coastline
>available, even here.

That will be a wonderful trip! I've flown over Shark Bay a few times,
returning from Singapore. Once, when I managed to get access to a window
with a view, I took a couple of pics:

  http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~andrew/photos/SharkBay1.jpg
  http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~andrew/photos/SharkBay2.jpg

Looks like a fascinating place. I figure it would need a month for the
return trip from here (via the centre).

Will do that one day. For now, we'll settle for ten days next month in
Corner Country (Innamincka, Coongie Lake* etc). Back through the Gammon
Ranges. There are rumours of floodwaters slowly making their way down
Cooper Creek. With a bit of luck, we'll get stranded for weeks and be
forced to survive on boiled budgerigar. What a thought ...
* 27deg 10' 56" S  /  140deg 09' 11" E

regards
  Andrew