[OM] Re: Missing Digests?

Subject: [OM] Re: Missing Digests?
From: Michael Collins <l43g20th@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:56:59 -0400
I'm not a Digest subscriber, but I notice that the occasional absence of the
Digest seems to cause serious withdrawal symptoms for some. During the most
recent absence, I thought I'd see whether the list server I run at home (for
the Toronto Camera Club, using Macjordomo on a Power Mac G4) would be able
to act as a backup Digest server in case of an emergency.

The simple answer is "yes". Macjordomo is a fairly brain-dead application in
some ways, but it does seem to provide all the basic listserv functions.
I've left it chugging away producing daily Digests, 'cos that won't
interfere with its other occasional work.

Question, then. Is this of any value to The List, to make it available as a
backup "just in case", and publish subscription information? Or does the
real Digest usually resurrect itself quickly enough after a hiccup to make
it a waste of time to subscribe to a "backup" Digest?

Let me know. If a few people think it's worthwhile, I'll tidy it up and
publish subscribe/unsubscribe info.

Michael