[OM] Pictures from the road

Subject: [OM] Pictures from the road
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:49:28 +0000
I changed my mind, as I often do, and brought along the dying laptop after all.
Dial-up is slow, but that's all that's available from the hotel here. (What
kind
of anal geek needs anything faster on vacation anyhow?) The thing huffed and
puffed a bit, but held on long enough to upload a couple of pictures from
yesterday's Tail run. A fun time was had by all!

The starting lineup:
http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1105.jpg

The leader of the pack gets "busted":
http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/media/192375/site1106.jpg

Still no Odyssey pictures, but the week is young, and so am I. At least I feel
that way today. Or is it just the hangover cure REALLY starting to kick in?

Going out in a few minutes for a leisurely top-down drive around the Roaring
Fork Nature Trail, where some photography may occur, and then to The Peddler
for
a $35 ribeye and a loaded 'tater.  My blood's flowing way too fast, and it's
plain as the sunburned nose on my face that I need some tasty animal fat to
thicken it up and slow it down. I've only got to stay awake tonight long enough
to watch the season finale of Desperate Housewives.

Some advice for the bored, uninterested, disenchanged and complacent, of which
was one until yesterday: Get up, get off yer ass/arse and do something.  Even
if
it's wrong. (Might actually be better if it is.)

Walt, less grumpy than before, but that don't mean I'm Little Miss Sunshine
either

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --