[OM] (OM) persistent failure of the Digest, and absence of List Admin.

Subject: [OM] (OM) persistent failure of the Digest, and absence of List Admin.
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 07:37:41 +1200
Hi all,

This is to report that the OM Digest has not been delivered for about a week
now.  I have gone through cold turkey, and found there is life after OM, after
all. :-((

Thomas Heide Clausen, List administrator based in Paris, must have gone
on a hitch-hiking tour of the Soviet Himalayas, or maybe a spiritual retreat on
a remote sub-antarctic island, as he is unreachable at either of his e-mail
addresses, and doesn't answer his home phone either (  also :-((   ).

On the virtual photography side, my son graduated a week ago, and I used
the E-1 set at ISO 1600 to take acceptable shots inside the Dunedin Town
Hall, without flash, using the only DZ lens I have, the 14-45. However, outside
the Hall, with real photography, the OM4T with Z 35-105 and Fuji Reala (100
& 200 asa) delivered much better prints in the harsh, contrasty autumn light
(we had one brilliant day in a week of rain and stuff), with much greater
latitude and far better skin tones. Latitude was required to cope with the dark
suits the graduates had to wear and their pale faces after all that indoors
study, all in strong side light not moderated by cloud :-).

How are you all?  Off-list e-mails welcomed. =|;->

Brian