[OM] Re: [OT] More OT electrical advice needed

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] More OT electrical advice needed
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 17:02:46 -0400
Thanks, I'll take a deeper look into what's coming into the box.  The
ground wire is bare and the 115v tap has white and black wires which I
took for neutral and hot wires.  The other wires are red running into
the switch and to the air handler motor.  Perhaps there are two red
wires coming in and I just didn't notice?  If I can't figure it out
easily now I'll get an electrician.

The A/C installation was a real mess.  I had no idea the builder was
going bankrupt but his sub-contractors did.  The first A/C guy abandoned
the project half way through the installation and I never knew why (at
the time).  Another guy was hired to complete the job and when he left
everything was together and running.  I never noticed the partially
assembled box until the builder's wife filed for divorce and he skipped
town.  A sad end to 20 years of an excellent home building reputation.
I hope the girl friend was worth it.  That's where all the money was going.

Chuck Norcutt