[OM] Re: Little Paris gallery ; OM-1, FP4+

Subject: [OM] Re: Little Paris gallery ; OM-1, FP4+
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 20:14:38 -0700
Manuel Viet wrote:
> I would personaly welcome the clear cut approach which I believe exists in
> the
> USA : everything that can be taken from public domain is public, full stop.
Well... The full stop went away with 9/11 and Homeland Security.

And because the new rules are being interpreted by often overeager
people with even the most tenuous ties to law enforcement and often
suffering under the limitations of come combination of modest
intelligence, inadequate or nonexistant training, inaccurate or
nonexistant knowledge of the law, the impetus toward anything to break
the boredom, a zeal to protect their beloved country, and some other
things I'm going to skip in the interests of amity on the List, the
whole thing is rather pot luck.

I suspect that to the US crime of driving while being Black, we have
added the crime of taking pictures while looking or talking like a non
USian.

Moose