[OM] Polling the experts

Subject: [OM] Polling the experts
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:40:51 -0400
Found a very nice Tamron 300 f2.8 FS with 2X TC.  Wonder if it's preferable to
hold out for a 400 f4 and use a 1.4X for about the same reach---critters/horses
during Hunt etc.  I like the way the 80-200 snaps into focus with the narrow
dof, though wary of image degradation with the 2X--though dof would be the same
anyway for focusing once the TCs are added.  Saw some very nice pics with the
former lens posted here with TC.  I now have a nice Zuiko 50-250 for lighter
backpacking kit.  Any thoughts appreciated.  I go back and forth.

Deluged in MA, (H2O in Cable--lost phone, TV(so), Internet---arghh, no modified
 e-snipe for 21 f2) at least house isn't in 5 ft of H2O,
Mike