[OM] Re: eVolt 500 service manual

Subject: [OM] Re: eVolt 500 service manual
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:18:54 -0700
It seems to be related to the crazed local warranty policies and
different national pricing. I understand that Nikon does not supply
critical parts to third party repair shops. Nikon will not even
repair non-USA warranty cameras in the US even if the person is
willing to pay the cost of repair. If your Hong Kong purchased camera
or lens fails you have to send it there for repair. And by God, you
are not going to get a gray market item repaired anywhere. I don't
know what they do if you buy a used lens and can't prove it was
originally sold in the US.

I could be wrong, but I think Canon is the only one with a sensible
policy of fixing anything with the Canon name on it, just not for
very long.  :-)

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA