[OM] Re: Macro and "image stacking"

Subject: [OM] Re: Macro and "image stacking"
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:07:37 -0700
Marc Lawrence wrote:
> I know it's not a new concept, but...
>
> ...this came up on another mailing list and I thought that,
> for those interested in macro images or other areas where
> limited DoF is a problem (static images), this would be of
> of interest, if only for the examples (and, yes, I was
> drawn to posting it here by the front-page subject :) ):
>
> http://www.heliconfocus.com/pages/index.php?focus_overview
>
> Interesting, no?

Indeed! Thanks for the link!

I've been doing a little of this lately, but only on the scale of a
couple of shots, not 24! My little efforts have not even involved a
tripod yet but once. Three of the shots in my GG Park series used this
technique to keep long stamens in focus.

And coincidently, I was wondering if anyone had come up with an
automated solution to the problem of differing subject size with
different focal plane. The closer you get, the worse the problem gets.

Next time I take some, I'll try this.

Moose