[OM] Re: Is this a hornet or a queen wasp

Subject: [OM] Re: Is this a hornet or a queen wasp
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 15:28:24 +1000
Huntsman Spider here - I'd recommend fried in batter as that helps to
deal with the hairs. Of course, I meant 3-4" across, not apart. They
don't usually lurk in packs.
Best panic situation I ever saw was when I was doing jury service and
one was discovered in the jury pool room. (That is, waiting room -
they weren't considerate enough to provide recreational opportunities
while you waited for up to three days). A very large Huntsman was
discovered by a female juror in a paper cup at the water cooler - to
be fair, curled up it was the size of a mouse. A real heavyweight.
Absolute pandemonium ensued and several opportunists unwilling to
meet their democratic responsibilities demanded the right to be
excused as they were too terrified to re-enter the building.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx