[OM] Re: OM1 light meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1 light meter
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 05:15:01 +0200
Le dimanche 14 Mai 2006 04:39, Andrew L Wendelborn a écrit :
> Yes. It my case, it was a $30 repair, because the corrosion hadn't
> progressed far down the wire. But if as you say it goes back to the contact
> there is much dismantling to be done. In that case, I suspect a full
> service would be the best way to go.

Sorry, I wasn't clear ; by contact, I was thinking of the little blade that
push on the battery at the top of the hole. I wasn't thinking of the switch
on the top plate. But it's true corrosion can go a long way on the wire. I
bribed my uncle into soldering it, he has been an electronic hacker since
childhood, and it wasn't easy at all. He completed my education in the
process by issuing a comfortable amount of naughty words. A couple of
millimeters of corrosion further, and we were in need to peel off the front
leatherette and make aortic surgery to put a new wire all the way from the
top plate to the bottom.

--
Manuel Viet