[OM] Re: Infrared with OM-1

Subject: [OM] Re: Infrared with OM-1
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 09:58:38 +0930
At 2:51 PM -0400 2006.05.11, Rick Reed wrote:
>I'd like to try some Kodak infrared B&W film (the HIE film, high speed
>infrared), and would like to know if any list members have any experience
>with this combination, and any advice.

That would be interesting. Haven't tried it myself yet, but it's on the list
and I hope you let us know how it goes.

I thought I would pass on this observation I noticed in the Black Cat
Exposure Guide that I purchased last week. It categorizes a large number
of "scene brightness" examples, and this is one of them:

"Infra-red (high soeed b&w): Radiated infrared only (no visible reflected
light). Use two 750 watt household irons at 45 degrees located 18" (about
50cm) from the subject. Photograph in darkness without a filter. When
stray light is present use a #25 red filter."

Exposure given by the guide is e.g. 6min at f4.

Could be fun ....

regards
  Andrew