[OM] New Pen F owner

Subject: [OM] New Pen F owner
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:40:19 -0400
Seems that it's OK to announce new acquisitions on the list, so here's one. I
finally got my Pen F - an FV and 38mm lens in pretty good condition, to add to
a case, OM adapter and some lens hoods acquired separately. Camera came from
New Zealand, but not via Eb*y. I'm resisting (really I am!) buying additional
lenses....  I reckon that when I get the adapter in my hands (next month), I
can try out some of the OM Zuikos. I have run a film through and it seems fine
mechanically and has a clean viewfinder. Neat camera, though not light. It's
quite strange going back to manual metering....  First time in decades that I
shot B&W. It's also a lot of photos to finish a film....

Only issue is I may have a light leak. Do these cameras have foam seals, like
OMs? It's hard to see, though there's nothing obviously gooey. If they do, can
OM seal kits be adapted? The pads for the mirror are in OK condition.

Thanks again to all the list members that provided advice on- and off-list.

Martin