[OM] Dumb as dirt, smart like a fox

Subject: [OM] Dumb as dirt, smart like a fox
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:09:23 +0000
Dumb: I've already managed to lose the lens cap for the 50/2 DZ macro.
Smart: When I ordered the lens, I also ordered a spare lens cap.

Dumb: I just bought a 20gb card reader/flash-HD.  I stuck the CD it came with
in the computer to install the driver.  There was no XP choice, just Windows
98, 2000, or ME.  Eenie, meenie, minee, moe, and I picked 2000.  After
installing it and restarting the computer, I got the blue screen of death.
Smart: I've learned to always set a restore point before installing new
software.  While using the "way back machine" to put the computer back to 10
minutes earlier, it dawned on me that I don't need to install no stinking
driver with XP.  Once we went back the 10 minutes, the thing "plugged and
played" perfectly.

Dumb: I took the 1gb CF card out of the E-330 to see how long it would take to
download the 40 or so RAW files thereon.  The device recognized the card, but
when I pushed the button to download, nothing happened.  I fumed and cussed and
threatned to throw it across the room.
Half smart: After calming down and putting the thing aside to deal with later,
I remembered that I had downloaded all the files last week and erased the card.
 Duh and double duh!

Smart: Since I'm having this kind of day, I'm going to do nothing more
complicated than drink beer, feed myself carefully, and maybe watch TV.
Dumb: Watching daytime TV.

Walt, the moron of the day

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from