[OM] Re: In the Grip

Subject: [OM] Re: In the Grip
From: Parzival Herzog <parzp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:36:36 -0500
On Wednesday 10 May 2006 04:39, Moose wrote:
> Very nice, and much more effective looking than that funny little
> piece of plastic that goes for so much these days.

Yes, Olympus's "grip" is more of a "clawhold" that engages the tips of
the fingers. This one actually engages my first finger joint at the
front, and my second at the corner. With this on, the OM-4 has that
secure "digital" feeling! I'm thinking of keeping it, after all.

I think Olympus, in designing theirs, may have been concerned about the
leverage on the tiny screw, or perhaps their finger model was that
delicate young woman who is demonstrating the camera in the instruction
booklet.

--
Parzival Herzog