[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:19:05 -0500
Walt Wayman wrote:
> If the people who make cars were as incompetent as the ones who build
> computers, the roads would be clogged with horse shit, because we'd
> all have a couple in the back yard -- horses, not computers.  New,
> gee-whiz super computer, and no f***ing parallel port!  Looks like
> I'm behind the times.

Since I just had all 4 wisdom teeth cut out and I'm in a Vicodin-induced
haze, I can't be bothered to read the other replies.

So, I'll just blunder on here...

When I needed to hook my Laserjet 6mp up to my G4, which also lacks a
parallel port.  So, I hopped on the bay and snagged a cheap USB-parallel
adapter.  Plugged it into the 6mp, then plugged it into the G4, and
wondered why nothing happened.  So I looked at the printers prefs, and
it was just sitting there, a Laserjet 6mp, all ready to do my bidding.

So, go to the bay and snag one.  Mine ran about $14.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon