[OM] Re: One thing done, another begun

Subject: [OM] Re: One thing done, another begun
From: "Marc Lawrence" <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 07:46:54 +1000
> Walt Wayman wrote:
> Keep in mind the SSR is not a lightweight...With the new and
> improved 510HP version, I'm expecting about 4.5 or so.

If there's any way you can cobble it together, and if you get
the chance sometime and are in the mood, I wouldn't mind hearing
some engine noises (idling, revving, accelerating, etc.). It's
an essential part of the automotive sensory experience that I
always miss when viewing pictures.

> That's quick enough that I won't be shaded by some rich Yuppie
> in a Porsche Cayenne, which gets to 60 in about 4.8 and costs
> over $100K.  We rednecks don't like to git outrun by furrin
> vehickulars. :-)

Mine, which is to arrive from Leipzig in mid-May, is the 'S'
with the standard V8 (non-turbo), and so will do neither of
those things (neither 4.8 nor over $100K - official figures show
7.2 to 100km/h), so, even if I took it over there you're
perfectly safe from the shade of this latte-sipping, inner-city
Sydneysider.

> And it sounds great, except for an occasional bit of belt
> squeal, which should go away after a couple of hundred miles.

See my first paragraph above. :-)

Cheers,
Marc (feeling low on horses)
Sydney, Oz