[OM] Re: [photo] Great Blue Heron 10

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Great Blue Heron 10
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:52:01 -0500
On 4/20/06, Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This image was taken this afternoon using the new Takahashi mount.  This was
> the female's return to the nest after I accidentally frightened her about 30
> minutes before.  Out of the three, this nest is the closest... about 60-70
> feet from where I'm sitting.  Hope you enjoy.
>
> http://www.simons-rock.edu/~rlovison/temp/T-heron8.html
>
> Richard

Fantastic shot!  I hope you keep at it, but I'm wondering how you will
better it.

There is an interesting look to these captures.  The tonalities are
full and the contrast is good but not the least bit harsh.  I'm
looking for a way to say "soft" without using that word (which most
often seems to have a bad connotation in photography).  Both
distinctive and attractive.

Joel W.