[OM] [OT] Takahashi tripod mount

Subject: [OM] [OT] Takahashi tripod mount
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:14:33 -0400
All of you photo equipment extremists will be happy to know I finally
purchased a Takahashi tripod tube mount for my FC-60 refractor.  I came
across a photo of one on the net and saw that it was quite impressive.  The
mount only weighs about a pound though it is massive in size.  The ring is
three inches in length with a 2 inch diameter mounting plate, felt lined,
chrome knobs and hinges, well machined and worth the $65 price tag.  And the
most important thing... once clamped to the scope and mounted to the tripod,
stability is not a problem. :)  I'm darn lucky I found one as my scope is
almost 20 years old and the mounts are being discontinued.  I'm looking
forward to trying it out... maybe tomorrow.  :)

Richard