[OM] Re: The 50mm issue...

Subject: [OM] Re: The 50mm issue...
From: pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:31:19 -0700 (PDT)
Just though I should throw in my experience with full frame digital (quite
now, at least it's not a Can*n).

I've used a 50/1.2, 1.4, 1.8, and a 50/2 macro on my SLR/c (14MP full
frame EOS mount digital) and I kept the 50/1.2. I doesen't have anything
to do with the speed of the lens as before getting the 50/1.2 my favorite
was the 50/2 macro (slowest of the bunch). I would say the 50/2 macro is
the sharpest across the frame from corner to corner, but I prefer the
color and contrast of the 50/1.2. It has a very special look to it, the
colors are purer across the frame, and is perfectly corrected (no CA). The
50/2 macro is also excellent in these regards though. I also prefer the
49mm filter size of the 50/1.2 (versus the 55mm filter thread on the 50/2
macro), and I think the 50/1.2 is a better lens stopped way down for
landscape (F11-16).

Paul