[OM] Re: Sarah_034 [was 4/4 fragment of my day]

Subject: [OM] Re: Sarah_034 [was 4/4 fragment of my day]
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:17:52 -0400
At 05:16 AM 4/16/2006, you wrote:
>Thanks! I went further than using levels and only reduced the brightness
>of the white thingie, rather than removing it, because of the context. I
>treated it like my family photos,where viewers will likely be familiar
>with the place and things in the pic. So I wanted to play down the big
>painting, to leave focus on the people, but leave it generally
>recognizable, not changed.

Thanks, Moose. It was my first camera and was not aware enough
(and maybe still am) to avoid mergers. The white statue sitting
on the piano is a distraction. I'm not sure if the grain is natural for
Ektachrome or if this was the result of some bad lab processing.
I have not yet fully cleaned my film scanner. I'll have to rescan and
see if I can get a better result. It is probably a bit under exposed
which adds to the grain effect. I'm sure my family would not mind
if the statue disappeared from the piano.

This shot makes me feel I should just use a 50mm lens for a while
to help get back my vision.

Wayne S