[OM] Re: #066

Subject: [OM] Re: #066
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:23:29 -0700
GeeBee wrote:
> Hi Moose,
>
> I have had some feedback in a similar vein so I lightened the top of the
> shot. Part of my problem is my ongoing fascination with clouds so for me the
> sky is the shot and I just hang something underneath it. Obviously I try for
> the best foreground I can get but sometimes the clouds wont wait for me to
> find something.

I know just what you mean, some shots are just for the sky, and the
terra firma is just to orient or ground them with a context.

So the problem here is just that your excellent eye has found too good a
foreground.  :-)

Looks to me like you have taken two good shots in one frame. They work
better for me separately
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/GB06066.htm>.

I kept the darker clouds for the sky piece, and yes, I admit it, I
fussed with the forergound piece, but just a little. ;-)

There is just something about that wandery little lane that draws my eye
and imagination forward, and still plenty of clouds over the unseen
destination. And for me, at least, the sky pic without the weight of so
much foreground comes into its own..

Moose