[OM] Re: Monopod Head

Subject: [OM] Re: Monopod Head
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:44:17 -0700

>...the best head solution is the Bogen 3232 monopod head, cheap,
>solid, simple, does the job with ease ...

 What Moose said /\

However one must loosen the mounting screw and rotate the base of the
camera to shoot in portrait orientation. At least that's how I like to
use this head. I want to be able to tilt up and down as I make a tripod
using my two legs and leaning into the monopod angled out in front. A
quick release plate would interfere with flopping the camera over if
mounted as I use this head. Anyway, I can't imagine how a quick release
plate would be any simpler than a few flicks with your thumb and it adds
more levels of complexity, weight and expense. But I seem to hold a
minority view on the subject.

mike