[OM] Re: Bargain 16MP cameras

Subject: [OM] Re: Bargain 16MP cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:27:27 -0700
Tom Scales wrote:
> From: "Bernard Frangoulis" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
>> his is where I personally draw the line. The 1D/1Ds is just too big.
>> Ditto the D2X. Even if I had the money (which I don't), I cannot imagine a
>> circumstance where I would lug the thing along.
>>
> I feared the same thing when I bought the D2X.  In actual use, though, it is
> very comfortable and rock solid.

I'm with Bernard. It took me many years to realize that there is a
personal size/weight limit for me for any particular kind of gadget. No
matter what my intentions, and even if it might mean better results,
camera equipment that's over the limit somehow just hardly gets used.

When I borrowed a D60 with battery pack for a few days to try out using
my OM mount Zuikos on a DSLR, it was soon apparent that I wouldn't be
happy with a camera that size and weight, and the 1D is even bigger and
heavier.

If this were how I made my living, the situation might be quite different.
> Not to mention the results :)

If I don't carry it, the results are not so good.

Moose