[OM] Re: MFT meet in Brugges, Belgium report (longisch)

Subject: [OM] Re: MFT meet in Brugges, Belgium report (longisch)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 16:15:50 -0700
Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:
> Hi Zuiks,
>
> Two weeks ago, I attended the MFT (My Four Thirds) meeting in Brugges,
> Belgium. Since I had a great day,.... I drove back home with a great memory
> in my head and some new friend in my heart.
>
> I just wanted to share this story with all of you because I felt the
> same warmt and friendship I have experienced for over ten years on this
> list. Some of my photos ( no big things, but mainle to remember the day
> by) can be viewed at:
> http://home.wanadoo.nl/wiliam/index.html

Thanks for the report! I very much enjoyed reading about such a great
get-together of Oly folks.

I also enjoyed browsing through your pictures. A nice mix of group
snaps, some nice tourist shots and some strong  art compositions. The
metal head and the girl on the pavement particularly struck me.

One thing did strike me less than positively, and it's something that's
so easy to adjust in this digital age. Quite a few of the shots seemed
to be exposed for something other than the primary subject, with several
of them apparently over affected by the bright sky.

I couldn't seem to help myself, and I checked what a few would look like
with some adjustment. I'm not entirely convinced that they are all great
improvements, and i may have gone a little to far in a couple of cases.
On my own images, I tend to do adjustments in layers, then come back
later to see if I want to pull back a bit. ANyway, for you possible
enjoyment, here are my takes on a handful of your images
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wagenaar_Brugges/index.htm>.
Oh, I simply cheated in the last one, boosting the reflections a bit.

Moose