[OM] Re: a better scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: a better scanner
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:46:58 -0700
Komtanoo Pinpimai wrote:
> yep, V700 looks really interesting after I saw a list member gallery
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1277283. But, since it is
> flatbed, is there any disadvantage comparing to specific film scanner
> like Nikon V ?
>
> Bill Pearce wrote:
>
> If it is  true, and remember how the 4870 was supposed to be the next best
> thing to a drum, I'll flap my wings and fly. The nature of the flatbed
> throws a lot of light all over everywhere. I'm not a fan of the Nikon
> scanners due to the dof problems, but I would have bought the 9000 if I
> hadn't got a great deal on the Minolta.
>
> We shall see......

Take a look at the bottom half of this page
<http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson%20V700/page_13.htm>.

Unfortunately, the interactive nature of his reviews means he doesn't go
back and rewrite, so it's easy to miss this if just looking at the page
names.

I don't know what Nik*n improved with the V, but in simple resolution
terms, the V700 noticeably surpasses the 4000 ED. Read the whole review
carefully before before making a choice.

Moose