[OM] Sigma Info? - wasRe: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?

Subject: [OM] Sigma Info? - wasRe: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 11:49:50 -0700
Does anyone know of some good Sigma web sites?

yahoo groups has several thousand sigma sororities but I didn't find a lens
group. Tamron & Vivitar have groups ... but Sigma?

Poking around trying to find info about the 600 I found that the matte
finish is most likely what is Sigma's "Zen" finish which they are still
using on their lenses. They don't seem to make the 600mm catadioptic nor can
I find any info about when they quit making it or anything about their
non-current lenses.

TIA,
-jeff

Subject:  [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From:  Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>

Jeff Keller wrote:

>   Both Tamron and my Sigma have 30.5mm filters.

My above Sigma uses 22.5 mm filters.
>My Sigma has a 95mm lens cap whose outer diameter is a tiny bit smaller
>than the outer diameter of the lens barrel. The cap might interfere with
>the reversed hood if it were larger.

Mine has cap and hood designed as you describe BUT the filter size is 86
mm, so both parts are smaller. Also, the body finish is a shiny black,
while yours appears to be matte black.

So it appears there are at least two different versions of this lens. I
would assume that mine (both mounts), with smaller slip-in filter and
front filter threads, cap and hood, is the later version. I doubt they
would move from a smaller to a larger lens size.

Moose