[OM] Re: [photo]blue heron?

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo]blue heron?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 14:57:20 -0400
Not in Michigan but in Maryland you might also have seen Little Blue
Herons and Louisiana Herons.  These are smaller birds but could
certainly be confused with Great Blues at a distance if you're not
imtimately familiar with the colors.

The Great White Heron (color morph of the Great Blue) is limited to
south Florida but is easily confused with the Great Egret unless you
know that the egret has black legs while the heron has yellow legs.  You
could also likely see a Great Egret in Maryland since they're common
along the coast even further north.

Chuck Norcutt