[OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:48:58 -0800
I'll try to post a picture of it tonight. I don't remember any slots. What I
remeber was that there were about 4 screws, each in a hole. The ring with
the tab had been rotated before being screwed on. Of course the screws have
locktite ... holding them very tight.

I can't help but think your lens was also assembled incorrectly, then
perhaps a less than perfect fix. The fact that my lens prevents the camera
from operating and that the screws are going to require some chemicals etc
to get them loose, makes me think yours had the same problem.

Moose has one of these lenses and seems to like it.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Jeff,

On your lens, is the tab in a slot like on a lens with a variable aperture,
or is it a fixed tab on the mount? I really think this is not the original
mount for the lens, it just makes no sense to me for the tab to be able to
move on a fixed aperture lens.

Darin