[OM] Re: Follow up on e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm

Subject: [OM] Re: Follow up on e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ
From: "Richard Lovison" <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 10:54:41 -0500
On 3/31/06, NSURIT@xxxxxxx <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now if I had just remembered to switch the white balance from fluorescent
> 4000 K to daylight/auto when I went birding yesterday . . .
>
> Operator error is a bitch, ain't it?   <[8^)

LOL, reminds me of my experience yesterday photographing the pond wildlife.
As I was precariously straddling two rocks amidst the muck I was wondering
to myself how I was going to use a tripod in that mess.  Then I thought, "
oh yeah, I can hand hold this thing while I shoot" (Walt would have been
proud of that show of intelligence).  As I was then fumbling around in
manual mode constantly changing f-stop or shutter speed  it dawned on me
that aperture mode would really come in handy.  After chimping I  saw that I
was consistently underexposing , what a pain, and then it occurred to me,
"oh yeah, that's what the exposure compensation is for."  "Sure wish there
was more light!!"  Oh yeah, I can change the ISO to 800.  No wonder that
beaver hung around for so long.  He/she probably thought I was some lunatic
and had nothing to fear from me and probably thought I could be a good
source of entertainment. 8-)

Richard