[OM] Re: White balance

Subject: [OM] Re: White balance
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:50:29 +0100
On 30/03/06, Garth Wood <getwood1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, yesterday I pulled the trigger on another photo-related
> purchase (a small one this time): I went out and bought one of the
> legendary ExpoDiscs for the A1.

What is this "ExpoDisc" of which you speak?  Is it like one of those
diffusers you used to be able to get which you put over the filter threads
to take incident light readings?  and, er, <whispers quietly> what's wrong
with a good old fashioned Kodak grey card?  They're colour-neutral too so
you can use them to set custom white balance.  I often carry half of one
around with me.