[OM] Re: OT.Nikon Coolpix 950

Subject: [OM] Re: OT.Nikon Coolpix 950
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:05:50 -0500
KEH (keh.com) has a few for sale.  Two at LN- at $126 and $130.  One
totally non-functional but another with inoperative flash and broken
battery door for $31.20.  You don't need the flash to shoot through a
microscope.  Not sure what to do about the door.  This is what it looks
like: <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikoncp950/page4.asp>  As you can
see it might be amenable to just a piece of tape or else be a total loss
with no electrical contact possible.

I looked up the Nikon TC-E2 which is the telephoto converter for the 950
and found this application note.  It would appear that all of these
Coolpix units will accept the same lens accesories although some will
require an adapter.  Just to show that a 950 may not be your only choice.

Compatible with the following Nikon Coolpix cameras:
Coolpix 775
Coolpix 800
Coolpix 880
Coolpix 885
Coolpix 900
Coolpix 950
Coolpix 995
Coolpix 4300
Coolpix 5000

Requires UR-E3 Converter Adapter with Coolpix 775 Camera
Requires UR-E2 Converter Adapter with Coolpix 880 Camera
Requires UR-E4 Converter Adapter with Coolpix 885 & 4300 Camera
Requires UR-E6 Converter Adapter with Coolpix 5000 Camera

Also this oboy Nikon digital to microscope adapter
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-DIGITAL-Adapter-for-STEREO-MICROSCOPE_W0QQitemZ6265955226QQcategoryZ14023QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting>
which claims compatibility with 5000, 4500, 995, 990, 950, 900
(5000 requires a Nikon adapter, others fit directly)  Looks like a nice
unit but not cheap.  BIN of $280.  Ad has sample shots.

Chuck Norcutt