[OM] Re: more in camera E-1 info

Subject: [OM] Re: more in camera E-1 info
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:47:20 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Richard Lovison wrote:

> Page 2 info:
> R: 00XXXXXX shutter release count
> S: 00XXXXXX unknown
> M: 00XXXXXX pixel map count
> U: 00XXXXXX ultrasonic wave count
>
> I haven't a clue what info is on pages 1, 3 and 4.  Does anyone else know?

As far as I can tell this is what the information on the various pages
represents:

page 1
MU: XXXX  body firmware version
MB: XXXX           ""
M3: XXXX           ""
SL: XXXX  unknown
L:  XXXX  lens firmware version
F:  xxxx  flash firmware version

page 2
R: 00XXXX shutter release count
S: 00XXXX flashes fired?
M: 00XXXX number of mapped pixels
U: 00XXXX ultrasonic wave cleaning count

page 3
CS:    body serial number
MCS:   main board version (serial?) number?
CAMID: camera id

page 4
D :    error codes

The three body firmware versions likely correspond to the firmware for
each of the three processors in the E-1.  It seems only the first and
third processors are upgraded when you apply a firmware upgrade via the web.
The second processor appears to remain constant, which makes sense as it may
be hardware specific.

I think some of the counters get cleared when a reset to factory settings
is executed.
                                        -mark