[OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Epson 1280 Printer Question
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:23:49 -0500

> In a message dated 3/27/2006 4:19:55 PM Central Standard Time,
> tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Ink  comes in 220ml carts.  They last awhile :)
>

> It is the $800 per refill or so that has me scratching my head right  now.
> think that is about what my friend is paying for the cartridges for  the
> 9800
> which uses the same ones as the 7800.  One day, perhaps soon since  I
> didn't
> get to buy a new e-whatever, I'll probably break down and get either  the
> 4800
> or 7800.  Are you making those big long prints from stitched  files?  Bill
> Barber

I buy the 110ml and they're about 1/2 that.  I can't use an entire set of
cartridges prior to expiration.  Think about a smaller printer though.  $100
of cartridges lasts about 1/20th of what mine do.  So.

For that big a print, it is a stiched pano, but I regularly print 24x36 from
either a scanned neg or the D2X.  Even the D70 produces darn good prints
that size when uprezed.

Tom