[OM] Long manual focus lenses on E series cameras

Subject: [OM] Long manual focus lenses on E series cameras
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 10:18:27 EST
Hey guys,
Olympus's rebates for the E 500 2 lens kit and B & H's price before rebate of
$799.00 has really got my attention. The last thing I really need is another
camera-either film or digital. However, a price of $699 after rebate for this
kit gives me a chance to test the E series cameras versus our 20 D. A plus is
for another $100 I can use the 350 F2.8. Can my 50 year old eyes focus the 350
using an E 500 body? Yes, I know I can use an Oly to EOS adapter with the
20D. Perhaps it is false hope, but I just gotta think Olympus did not design
lenses like the 35-100 F2.0 and 90-250 F2.8 to be used with 5 and 8 MP cameras.
Walt's  E 330 also sounds really cool. My daughter thinks the  E 330's full
time
LCD might make the perfect street photography camera. Another way to
rationalize the purchase of the E 500 is to consider it a tele-extender. I've
never
been happy with the 2 XA/ 350 combo. The E 500 body is only a little more
costly
than the 1.4 XA  and I've effectively got a 700 F2.8 lens. Somebody tell me
I'm wrong about all of this and to save my money.

Gary Faulkenberry