[OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ

Subject: [OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:20:09 +0000
I regularly use my Katz Eye screen equipped E-1 with with the 50-200DZ and TC
1.4.  Even in ESP and center-weighted metering modes, I wouldn't describe the
results as "blown out."  Minus one stop compensation results in perfect
exposure in either mode.  With spot metering, which I use 90 percent of the
time, no compensation is necessary.  If you're having to use more than one
stop's worth of underexposure with the other two metering modes, then there's
something wrong with either your outfit or mine, and if it's mine  -- well, if
it's broke, it's broke good.  :-)

Final thought.  My Katz Eye screen doesn't have the OptiBright treatment.  If
yours does, then I wonder if that might account for the difference.

I'm going out on a minor photo expedition tomorrow, and I'll see how the 50-200
and TC work on the E-330, which, of course, doesn't have a Katz Eye screen.
That would be nice, though.  I'll put that on my minus list.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --