[OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ

Subject: [OM] Re: e-1 over exposes when used with 1.4X and 50-200mm DZ
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 06:46:36 -0600
On 3/22/06, NSURIT@xxxxxxx <NSURIT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are you using a Katz Eye screen in your E-1?  The combination  of
> 50-200 + TC 1.4 will result in a slow enough configuration that  the
> metering will be thrown off unless you use spot metering.
>

> Hmm, that may be the problem,  Olympus suggested down loading the  software
> for the 1.4X.  I'll check both.  Bill  Barber

I should have added that I experienced the same problem with the the
1.4 +50-200 +Katz Eye configuration.  It matched the previous problem
I was having in using the 300/4.5 +adapter +Katz Eye.  The solution
was to switch to spot metering, and this was somewhat implied by the
Katz Eye documentation supplied online.

Prior to the trip from which I've just returned I removed the Katz Eye
and used the stock screen.  But I used spot metering a lot and have
been building a workflow around spot metering and M mode which has
been working very well for me.  I'll probably switch back to the Katz
Eye soon as I miss its brightness probably even more than the split
finder.

I will also check the 1.4 software.  I hadn't realized there was an
update out there.

Joel W.