[OM] Re: list problems

Subject: [OM] Re: list problems
From: Olaf Greve <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:43:05 +0100
Hi Wayne (and the rest of the list, as an FYI),

> I'm not able to receive list email, even though I have
> set *@ml.free.fr to be on the whitelist at my hosting
> service. I can only check email online in the archives.
> No response from re-subscribing.

I found myself stuck in a similar situation recently. What had happened
in my case, was that at one point in time a (reportedly) virus infected
message came in through the list (or perhaps with a forged @ml.free.fr
address), triggering the e-mail server to black-list the domain for a
day, which in turn caused a 'bounce' per e-mail message which came in
during this 24 hour period, which in turn caused the list server to
(automatically?) reset my status to 'on vacation'.

I found out about this 'vacation' status, by going to the
http://www.zuikoholic.com/FAQ/index.shtml site (which explains the
various commands etc. for the mailing list).

If you check the section where the following excerpt is located:

"Q2.3   How do I see if I am subscribed to the digest, individual. emails
or both digest and individual emails.?

Send a message to olympus-request@xxxxxxxxxx. In the subject field,
enter "stats" (without the quotes). You will receive an email with the
"flags" which are set for you."

If your status is set to 'vacation' you know you have the same issue as
I had. You can then simply resubscribe (or otherwise force your status
to active again), causing the list server to reset your status to active.

That did the trick for me, and I hope it does so for you too! :)

Cheers,
Olafo