[OM] Re: Full E-330 review on dpreview

Subject: [OM] Re: Full E-330 review on dpreview
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 12:04:59 +1100
He's wrong about not using the LCD screen - "going back to the
finder" - the reason that pros don't preview on the screen is that
they can't. You start to use the screen when appropriate and vice
versa. He's right about the exposure comp. not showing on the screen
is annoying - there I agree. Olympus decided in their 'wisdom' to
have the screen correct itself. I can't imagine why. I didn't find
the finder particularly small either compared to many I've seen.
He missed one feature of the LCD to my annoyance. Yes it struggles in
low light and even goes BW grainy - perhaps that's when you go to the
viewfinder? Duh! But in bright sunlight it is remarkably good - it
seems to have a reflective base layer which means that even tilted up
you get a better (if metallic looking) image than if you shade it. I
know which compromise I prefer. And you don't have to tilt the screen
down then up. You have to clear the eyepiece which means that you
pull it out with a little down-up wiggle which becomes second nature.
Oly provides two little grip points at the top as a reminder.
AndrewF