[OM] More "Ansel Adams"

Subject: [OM] More "Ansel Adams"
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:15:16 +1300
Hi all,

I've been at  it again; this week saw another Ansel Adams 2nd hand book
arrive at my place.

This one is "Ansel Adams" by Kate F Jennings, 1998, Barnes & Noble. 128
pp, at least 90  plates - could be more.

Interestingly, it has been produced quite independently of any Ansel Adams
organisation.

Prints all B&W, all probably new to my eyes except the ruins in the Canyon
de Chelly.

It seemed to me that most of the prints were unsharp, and too dark for my
taste.  Several had significant scratches.

However, it is a magnificent assemblage of his work. It shows something of
how he saw the landscapes (and in this volume, people), his sense of timing
and light, and composition.

Brian