[OM] Re: [OT] Canon plastic skin

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Canon plastic skin
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 02:00:50 +0000
The problem is not color accuracy, nearlly all DSLR maker can do it right for
color chart. It is something that I cannot express in words, generally the
E-color is more saturated. Just like there are different films on the markets,
some may prefer Velvia and some like Kodakchrome.

For profile, I have tried to create standard curve for negative during scanning
of a certain film but it vary with scenes and never work. Ok, it is more
consistant with slides but I just want to avoid complex extra works.

You need to work with a camera for a long time to find out the color quality, I
have the 10D and E-1 for over 1 year and over 8K shots each. I won't say the
10D is bad (otherwise I have sold it the first day) but to me it is just not as
good when compared to E-1.

C.H.Ling