[OM] Re: [OT] Canon plastic skin

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Canon plastic skin
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:58:05 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:

>Moose wrote:
>

>>PS provides a tool to help. The Color Balance control operates
>>

>Ah so. This is very true.  Ok, I stand corrected.  In
>post-production you can correct the color balance in the shadows
>seperately so that the images are neutral.  You can even build
>an "action" to do it automatically too!  I recon that is some
>form of improvement over a camera doing correctly in the first
>place.  :)

LOL!

Just providing info, not recommending or endorseing anything.  As CH,
Bill, Walt and others have pointed out, none of the tools is perfect at
everything. It's matching the tools to each other and to the job that
gets the results. So for those whose other requirements lead them down
the path of camera bodies with wonky skin tones, it's just nice to know
there are other tools to compensate.

Has anyone tried creating ICC profiles for their camera, then converting
images to Adobe or sRGB?

Moose