[OM] Re: Epson V700

Subject: [OM] Re: Epson V700
From: Duncan Paterson <depaterson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:01:42 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Ian,

  Does this mean you won't be requiring any test scans on the Minolta?  The
offer is still open should you still want to take it up. I'd be  interested to
know how your new scanner performs, especially with the  Kodachromes.

  All the best,
  Duncan.

swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I have just ordered one of these and
should get it either today or
tomorrow, I  couldn't wait for the end of the photo-i review  but
reading between the lines vincent is impressed.

I thought of a dedicated film scanner but then reasoned that flat beds
seem to be where the manufacturers  are concentrating now and that as
most seem people to scan at half  maximum resolution a 3200 dpi scan is
better than a 2700 dpi. My last concern was Dmax but looking at the
comparison scan's I think this v700 will do just fine - I sure hope so
because it's pretty much the same price as the nikon coolscan V, but
then again that won't scan the old prints I have.

I hope I haven't just made another huge scanner mistake ;-)

IanW

List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx