[OM] Re: NOW: crosspoint drivers, was Re: Attention : 16mm

Subject: [OM] Re: NOW: crosspoint drivers, was Re: Attention : 16mm
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:40:48 -0800
The dearth of crosspoint drivers could be due to catalogs incorrectly
labeling them 'philips'. e.g. this LeeValley set.
<http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=3&cat=1,43411,43417,49733&p=49733>
While labeled 'Philips' it is clearly a crosspoint set. The clue is that
the tips are listed as #1, #0, and #00. A true #1 philips tip is way too
big to be practical in this set. My lousy scan shows a #0 philips point
(silver) and a #1 xpt (black) for comparison.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/crosspoint.JPG>
Another clue that they are incorrectly listed is that the xpt shown in
the scan was from another LeeValley set I purchased a couple of years
ago also labled 'philips'. (and a nice set it is too by the way,
recommended, however the slotted tips aren't of much use)

Mike