[OM] Re: Value of one old Olympus model

Subject: [OM] Re: Value of one old Olympus model
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:29:50 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Brian Swale wrote:

> Take a peep at this expired Trademe auction.
>
> http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=47672103
>
> Finally went for $NZ 816 to a well known camera trader.

Looks like he tried flipping it on eBay but his plans didn't quite work out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7594936646
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7597848277

He got $548US the first time, $448US the second time.  I wonder if he'll
list it again.

> According to Roger Wesson's online Olympus history, the models in this
> series were made from 1948 to 1955.
>
> I've never seen one in the flesh.

It's an interesting model just for the fact that it's the first 35mm film
camera that Olympus produced.  They do show up occassionally and prices
can very wildly.  About $500US is average.
                                        -mark