[OM] Re: 80mm macro experiences?

Subject: [OM] Re: 80mm macro experiences?
From: "Paul Martinez" <pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:33:53 -0800
1:1 is 1:1; but when comparing the actual image taken from an E1 versus a
full frame camera the E1 image will be an effective 2:1 compared to the full
frame shot. Put a 1:1 lens on a full frame and take a shot of a ruler. You
will get 36mm on the horizontal axis. Put the same lens on an E1 you will
get close to 18mm. Print them both without knowing the film/CCD size and the
E1 image would appear to be 2x larger, or at 2:1 compared to the 1:1 full
frame shot.

I also have a Minolta A2 with a tiny sensor. With a close up filter I can
cover 36mm on the horizontal plane. I still consider that 1:1 because if I
print it covers the same area (minus the aspect ratio differences) of my FF
at 1:1. In other words, if I print them they are the same. The A2 is really
something like 1:4 because the sensor is so small, but I don't care. The
size of the flower, bug, or butterfly doesn't change.

Paul