[OM] Re: E-1 ISO 800 Acceptability

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 ISO 800 Acceptability
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:29:00 -0500
Joel, Question, were these images reduced through down sampling
in PS? Can you show an unprocessed 100% crop instead? Down
sampling will make it look better. Here is a 100% crop converted
in PS CS2 with no other processing:

http://www.zuik.net/E1/800iso_A147882.jpg

compared to other cameras, this is just too noisy for me. And
really not that usable. Yes, you can post process it, and if you
also reduce it, the noise is less apparent. But that is a lot of
noise IMO. And I really love that purple tinge to the guy's hair.

Hey, but now that I look at it, hmmm, it has some nice artistic
look to it, and if I take my glasses off and look from a distance
it starts to look even ..... nah, the hair should just not be
purple I tell ya. the purple just, nope, just doesn't do it for me.

Wayne